A good fishing trolling lure is designed to mimic the movement and appearance of natural prey in order to attract fish and entice them to strike. Here are some characteristics of a great trolling lure:
- Realistic Appearance: A good trolling lure should look like a real fish or other natural prey. This means it should have a realistic color, size, and shape, as well as details like scales, eyes, and fins. It should be shiny to mimic that of a real predator fish.
- Attractive Movement: The lure should also move in a way that is attractive to fish. This can be achieved through features like a realistic swimming action, wobbling or flashing, or the ability to create vibrations in the water.
- Durable Materials: The lure should be made of durable materials that can withstand the rigors of being pulled through the water at high speeds and potentially getting hit by fish.
- Versatility: A good trolling lure should be versatile and able to be used in a variety of fishing situations and for different species of fish.
- Depth Control: Some lures are designed to dive to specific depths in the water column, and a good trolling lure should have some means of controlling its depth, such as a diving lip or weighted body.
Ultimately, the best trolling lure will depend on the specific fish species you are targeting, the fishing conditions, and your personal preferences.